Proposals should evaluate existing documentation techniques and approaches with regard to these fundamental questions and assess their benefits and limitations. Also, the role that less obvious approaches, agents and areas of knowledge can play — especially in the process of documenting process-centered, technology-based and performative works of art — will be strong topics under examination and debate.
We encourage proposals that discuss one or more of the following topics in connection with the above mentioned types of artworks:
1. Oral testimony in documentation of tangible and intangible elements in contemporary art;
2. The role of social sciences and humanities in documentation of contemporary art;
3. Documentation in conservation practice;
4. The changing role of archives in documentation of contemporary art;
5. Dissemination of documentation practices: the role of museums, interaction with the public and the use of media technologies.
Authors interested in presenting a paper are invited to submit an abstract of up to 500 words by 12 February 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The work must be original and not previously published. Contributions should be in English and include the contact information for the author(s) (affiliation, address, telephone and e- mail).
You will be notified whether or not your paper has been selected by 28 February 2013.
Selected authors will be required to submit a draft of 4000 words by 21 May 2013 for review and future publication after the conference.
|Deadline for abstracts proposals (Conference)||12.02.2013|
|Deadline for chapters proposals (PhD and Post-doc NeCCAR Meeting )||15.02.2013|
|Notifications for selected authors (Conference)||28.02.2013|
|Conference early-bird registration (Conference)||30.04.2013|
|4000 words draft paper submission (Conference)||21.05.2013|
|Full chapters submission (PhD and Post-doc NeCCAR Meeting )||21.05.2013|
|PhD and Post-doc NeCCAR Meeting||19.06.2013|
|Performing Documentation in the Conservation of Contemporary Art Conference||20.06.2013 - 21.06.2013|